Rod(art)e

Rodarte Fall/Winter 2014 Review

Dear Reader,

I have always been a fan of the Rodarte sisters. Three years ago I went to their States of Matter exhibit in LA which was nothing short of exquisite. Their detailed couture dresses were especially awe-inspiring in person, so as you can imagine, I am rather envious of those who were present at this show.

Unknown

This first look is so dainty and fairy-esque, and I can’t help but fall in love with the delicate beading on the top half. The model’s porcelain skin is nearly the same creamy color as the fabric and if it weren’t for the shimmery ribbons that drip down her shoulders, it would be difficult to discern where her arms stop and the dress begins. Downright lovely.

rodarte-rtw-fw2014-runway-13_19391092501

The three textures and prints here are so different, yet they work together so well. The warm hues of the turtleneck are accentuated by the tan blocks on the coat whose green blocks in turn bring out the emerald of the velvet skirt (which I will fawn over in a soon). Texture-wise, I love the shift from sumptuous fur to the thick wool (?) coat to the luxurious velvet. Now, as promised, I am going to fawn over the splendid skirt. I very much enjoy the elegant, Old-Hollywood feel it exudes. Also, it is undoubtedly soft and could probably double as a lavish blanket which is always a plus in my book.

rodarte-rtw-fw2014-runway-32_193923257767

To conclude part two of my fall/winter fashion show rants, I must talk about this dress. I have always been a fan of the off-the-shoulder sleeve as I feel it emanates carelessness and elegance (careless elegance I guess is what I am trying to say here). This dress is no exception. The model has an aloof, femme-fatale air about her that I like very much. Very Miss Scarlet-esque. I do hope that off-the-shoulder dresses/tops are an upcoming trend! Oh and those rhinestoned tights are to die for.

XO, The Girl in the Little Black Dress

P.S. Comment your favorite look

All photos from Vogue.com and I take no credit.

About these ads

About thegirlinthelittleblackdress1

http://natalieslovelyblog.com Natalie. 18. Fashion Blogger.
This entry was posted in All Posts, Fashion, Runway Reviews and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Rod(art)e

1. Are you seriously only 16? You have a lovely writing style and your commentary is excellent!

2. Autumn Gallagher Photography says:

Oh my-LANTA! That coat in #2 is just. unreal. I need it.

Also, I so very much respect the ladies of Rodarte. Glad to see people in their mid-teens have such phenomenal taste:) Keep it up, lady!

3. I love the design in the dress!!

The Blog Of Knowledge

4. Downright lovely indeed! Spectacular review! ;D
    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths

A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

5. Love the black off the shoulder dress. And yes those tights,too!

6. hey there!! I love your blog it is sooo awesome that I decided to nominate you for the Liebster Award! Head over to my blog to check out the details about it!! http://www.themexicanbeauty.wordpress.com
    xoxo

7. morganetoile says:

Rodarte is one of my favorite designers! I’m in love with the last dress, I must agree, those tights are perfection!

-Morgan Etoile

8. Helen says:

I really like the last one, I don’t normally like asymmetric sleeves but this one really works. Definitely my favourite of the three

9. Love the dark fairy thing going on in the third look.

10. Claire says:

Great fashion blog :)

11. solenertr says:

Great post! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award in a recent post on my blog: http://wp.me/p4iCDG-3Q x

12. Patti says:

If I’m ever an ethereal fairy, flitting through life in gorgeous pastels, I WILL be wearing the first dress! So gorgeous!

13. litadoolan says:

I love the choice of images. I adore Old Hollywood! Thanks for picking out these trends. It gives me a few ideas of things that could update a look.

14. teenagepoet says:

I loved the first one… the intricacy of the beaded top is breathtaking along with the fluidity of the bottom. I also thought the 2nd look was quite smart (in terms of texture, again.)

15. aftercarrie says:

The nightdress style dress really us beautiful, so ethereal. Sigh, if only one had the lifestyle/stick body to warrant this piece…

16. nataliamae87 says:

The cream dress is to die for!! Romantic is more style. The makeup is such a contrast to her fair skin and dress, however.

17. KhoaSinclair says:

YES (art) is right! Loving that look with the plaidish jacket!

18. Katy Gilmore says:

The Rodarte sisters are amazing. Did you see that New Yorker article about them a couple of years ago? You’d love! And all the images are gorgeous, but the middle one is a reason to invite winter back!
    It’s such fun to read your take on things. – good taste and good writing combined!

19. marymcavoy says:

Fav = the first, but I LOVE the rhinestone stockings, too!

20. You have a lovely eye for detail! Would not have noticed the chic tights without you pointing them out💫

21. I love the first dress, it is so romantic and delicate. Great post!

22. You know, I don’t really enjoy supposedly “up and coming” fashion. The models are always too boring and the clothes too flashy or seemingly uncoordinated. But the first one is actually really wonderful. It’s simple and pretty. And I agree with your comment of it being “fairy-esque.”

23. sudebaker says:

The black dress is my favorite. Gorgeous! You would need very little, if any, jewelry, too.

24. I have to say I like the top photo. I can see wearing this for a beach wedding.

25. I’m also a big fan of the Rodarte ladies!! The last look is my favorite!